Your generous gifts have been providing urgently needed food, water, blankets, clothes, medical supplies and shelter to the victims of the recent earthquake in Nepal.
You could save a life
Help provide emergency relief
$50 can help provide emergency relief for those affected by the earthquake including food, water, blankets, clothes, medical supplies and shelter.
The 7.8 magnitude quake affected more than 8 million people across the country when it hit on May 12th. More than 8,000 people were killed, tens of thousands injured and nearly a million homes, schools and other buildings were destroyed. You responded fast, together with other members of the global ACT Alliance, to provide emergency relief to those worst affected.
Through our ACT Alliance partners you are supporting over 60,000 people in the worst hit areas of Nepal providing:
- Shelter: Emergency and permanent shelters in the worst affected districts.
- Food: Food baskets containing rice, lentils, oil and salt.
- Water: Water filter systems and hygiene kits distributed to over 40,000 people, helping protect them from diseases like cholera, which can spread rapidly in disaster situations.
- Health: Temporary health centres set up in some of the worst hit districts to respond to immediate medical needs. Psychosocial support given to 20,000 people to help them come to terms with the disaster and cope with the loss of loved ones.
- Education: Temporary learning centres constructed to keep classes open and ensure children can continue their education.
- Protection: Safe spaces for women and girls set up across several target districts.
* Funds raised for this emergency appeal will be used for emergency response and rehabilitation activities in the affected areas. If funds raised exceed the amount needed for this appeal, funds will be used to support Act for Peace’s work with other conflict and disaster affected communities around the world.
Lakshmi with her mother-in-law and baby son in front of their tent. Copyright C. Kästner/ LWF.
LWF Nepal project coordinator Nibha Shresta hands out blankets to earthquake survivors in Ghusel. Copyright C. Kästner/ LWF.