Act for Peace’s Speaker Network plays an important role in maintaining relationships with our supporters across Australia – educating people about the issues communities threatened by conflict and disaster, sharing stories of how passionate people are bringing justice and safety to their communities and helping to raise funds for our vital work.
Thanks to our volunteer speakers all over the country giving inspirational talks to churches, schools, Rotary clubs and other community groups, we can transform even more lives.
Why be a volunteer speaker?
Being a Volunteer Speaker offers you:
- The unique opportunity to use your skills to make a difference to the lives of people affected by conflict and disaster
- A way to learn more about international development and be one of the first to hear stories of Act for Peace’s life changing work from the countries that we work in
- The opportunity to develop your public speaking skills and confidence through formal training and experience
- A chance to meet new people from your local community
- The opportunity to be part of an influential network of ambassadors reaching new audiences across Australia
- Support and guidance from an experienced and passionate team of community fundraisers
Interested in becoming a volunteer speaker?
Find out how to apply to become an Act for Peace voluntary speaker by downloading the info pack here
Download info pack
I’m Louise. I’m a recent university graduate and a volunteer at Act for Peace. I have been volunteering as a street campaigner, collecting signatures for the “PM: Don’t Cut Aid” campaign. Read about why am I doing this here
Meet interesting people who share your passions and gain life-changing skills and experience. By volunteering with Act for Peace you’ll be working with the world’s most diverse grass roots network of social justice workers and making a huge difference to the lives of communities in need.
More ways to volunteer
More ways to take action
You can help prevent children like Maala being born with chronic illnesses by helping pregnant women stay healthy and nourished in the first place.
Take the Act for Peace Ration Challenge and eat the same rations as a Syrian refugee during Refugee Week (June 2017). Raise money to support refugees who have lost everything, and challenge perspectives – including your own.
Right now, thousands of innocent people are fleeing Syria every day to protect their families from bloodshed, violence and death. We need your support to provide emergency relief packs to the families fleeing in Syria.