Office based volunteers
Working side by side with Act for Peace staff you can gain amazing experience and truly engage with the work we are undertaking to reach a world where all people have the chance to live at peace, free from unnecessary suffering.
Volunteering in our offices you will play a vital role in the work of Act for Peace and our campaigns as well as gaining great skills experience in an international social justice network. Working on fundraising projects, contacting supporters, and assisting in administration and research you can learn new skills while helping us to provide on-going support to communities at risk from conflict and natural disaster. If you are passionate about the work Act for Peace is doing with the most vulnerable communities across the globe this is a way for you to directly engage with and contribute to that work.
I’m Louise. I’m a recent university graduate and a volunteer at Act for Peace. I have been volunteering as a street campaigner, collecting signatures for the “PM: Don’t Cut Aid” campaign. Read about why am I doing this here
Events Marketing Officer - NSW (Voluntary Internship)
Are you energetic, good with people and looking to gain hands-on experience in events, fundraising and international development?
Act for Peace is looking for a talented individual to join our fundraising team, and play a vital role in running our well-loved Christmas appeal which raises $2.5m each year for communities threatened by conflict and disaster.
You will have great interpersonal skills, a can-do attitude, and the ability to manage projects and deliver results on time. Most of all, you’re looking for an opportunity to gain valuable experience in the international development sector and make a difference in the lives of others.
During this four-month voluntary internship you’ll develop your fundraising and relationship management skills and be part of the day-to-day running of a busy international aid agency. You will have the opportunity to manage projects and take real ownership of your role.
Day to day, you will be responsible for:
- Managing our local speaker’s network and supporting our network of passionate and committed people. These volunteers raise awareness of our work across Australia by giving talks in their communities. Your role will involve arranging training days for the volunteers, matching up volunteers with speaking opportunities, and providing the volunteers with day-to-day support over the phone and by email.
- Playing a key role in providing first class support to churches over the phone and by email, to help them organise special fundraising carol services and raise money for the Christmas Bowl appeal.
Throughout you’ll be learning from and be supported by an experienced team of fundraising professionals. You will gain insight and skills in a broad range of areas that will help you build your career, providing you with valuable experience for your C.V. to help you gain your next role whether in fundraising, events, or customer relations.
The Marketing and Communication Department is currently growing and designing new products so this is a great opportunity to get experience.
The role is flexible and we are looking for someone who can work for 2-3 days per week, for a period of four months, from September to January.
To apply for this voluntary position, please email Delphine at email@example.com a covering letter addressing the following Selection Criteria and your resume by midnight, Friday 7th of October.
For details and to apply, please download the Information Pack.
Marketing Internship- NSW (Voluntary Internship)
You’re an enthusiastic self-starter looking to gain hands-on experience in marketing, community building, fundraising and project management. You have great interpersonal skills, a can-do attitude, and the ability to manage projects end-to-end and deliver results on time. Most of all, you’re looking for an opportunity to gain valuable experience in the international development sector and make a difference in the lives of others.
During this six-month voluntary internship you’ll develop your marketing and relationship management skills and be part of the day-to-day running of a busy international aid agency. The Marketing and Communication Department is currently developing a new strategy and designing new products so this is a great opportunity to get experience in strategy design and to be involved in projects from start to end. You’ll also have the unique opportunity to make a real difference to some of the world’s most vulnerable communities.
You will be responsible for delivering a range of projects as part of our annual Christmas Bowl appeal, including developing and implementing social and traditional marketing strategies for organisations and schools so they can fully take part in the Christmas Bowl appeal by running their own Christmas fundraising events.
The Christmas Bowl appeal is one of the most-loved ecumenical appeals in Australia, and has been running for the past 65 years. More than 100,000 Australians get together in their church, school, office or home and raise money for the Christmas Bowl. Last year, over $2,3 million was raised. For more information, please visit www.actforpeace.org.au/christmasbowl
Throughout you’ll be learning from and be supported by an experienced team of fundraising professionals
The role is flexible and we are looking for someone who can work for 2-3 days per week, for a period of six months, ideally from March 2016 to August 2016. There are three positions available in total, based in Sydney:
- One role focusing on developing fundraising opportunities with schools. Every year, we have some schools involved in the Christmas Bowl appeal. We’d like to double the number of schools that participate in the Christmas Bowl appeal.
- Another role that will focusing on developing fundraising opportunities with organisations, such as businesses (small and large), corporations and associations.
- The last role will be busy developing the scale of “Individual fundraisers” when people decide to organise an event, such as a dinner or a party and ask their friends to come and contribute to raise money for the cause.
- Define in collaboration with the Marketing coordinator a dedicated strategy to acquire new supporters in organisations and schools to take part in the Christmas Bowl appeal
- Develop and manage relationships with existing supporters in organisations and schools, and support them with organizing their own fundraising activities for the Christmas Bowl appeal such as carol services, hosting a meal and add value to their events.
- Develop the online community around the Christmas Bowl appeal in regards to supporters in organisations and schools.
- Maintain excellent records, report on weekly progress against projects and thank volunteers
- Play an active role in the Marketing team and support the development of the Marketing and Communications department
To apply for this voluntary position, please email Delphine at firstname.lastname@example.org with a covering letter addressing your skills and competencies and your resume
Applications close: 5pm, Monday 16th April, 2016.
Please contact email@example.com if you have any queries.
For details and to apply, please download the Information Pack.
More ways to take action
You can help prevent children like Maala being born with chronic illnesses by helping pregnant women stay healthy and nourished in the first place.
Take the Act for Peace Ration Challenge and eat the same rations as a Syrian refugee during Refugee Week (June 2017). Raise money to support refugees who have lost everything, and challenge perspectives – including your own.
Right now, thousands of innocent people are fleeing Syria every day to protect their families from bloodshed, violence and death. We need your support to provide emergency relief packs to the families fleeing in Syria.