Act for Peace representatives
Act for Peace Representatives help create a meaningful connection between our supporters here in Australia and our project partners in conflict situations around the world.
WHY BE AN ACT FOR PEACE REPRESENTATIVE?
Being an Act for Peace Representative offers you:
- The opportunity to be a vital connection between communities threatened by conflict and disaster and our supporters in churches across Australia
- A way to learn more about international development and more particularly about the work of Act for Peace
- A pivotal link between our key appeals, such as the Christmas Bowl appeal, and your church
- Support and guidance from an experienced and passionate team
By becoming a Rep you can make a real difference by volunteering in three main ways:
1. Reps are the main point of contact at their church for Act for Peace and responsible for receiving the Christmas Bowl Appeal kit in October. They make sure the Minister has the worship resources, and that the donation envelopes are handed out in their Advent services
2. Reps give out other appeal materials throughout the year to their congregation and church leaders, such as in times of emergencies
3. Reps share prayer points, updates and news about the work of Act for Peace
Interested in becoming an Act for Peace Representative? Find out how to apply to become an Act for Peace Representative by downloading the info pack here.
Download info pack
More ways to take action
Help keep families at risk from landslides safe by providing training in disaster risk reduction in schools. Training helps children to identify risks and warning signs of landslides, and teaches them how to keep safe if one happens.
Take the Act for Peace Ration Challenge and eat the same rations as a Syrian refugee during Refugee Week (19-26 June 2016). Raise money to support refugees who have lost everything, and challenge perspectives – including your own.
Right now, thousands of innocent people are fleeing Syria every day to protect their families from bloodshed, violence and death. We need your support to provide emergency relief packs to the families fleeing in Syria.